1) How do I go about nominating someone for an EACE award?
The process is very simple! All you need to do is go to either the Services Awards or Innovation and Leadership Awards webpages and click on the appropriate awards category. Identify the award and then click on the button to Submit a Nomination. You will be asked to write a 150 word recommendation for your award candidate.
It is important to provide specific examples about how the individual meets the stated criteria: In what way(s) has the individual contributed to EACE, its members, and our profession?
2) Does the nominee have to be an EACE member?
Yes, all nominees must be registered as an active member of EACE. To determine if a member is active, you can check the EACE member directory available on the website (you must sign into the website in order to access the directory). The Committee members will also review years as a member and their history of involvement with EACE.
3) Can I nominate in more than one award category?
Yes, you are permitted to nominate in more than one award category. It’s important to read the nomination criteria carefully, in order to determine if the individual meets the guidelines. This information can be found on the Service Awards and the Innovation and Leadership Awards webpages.
4) Can I nominate someone from my office?
There are no restrictions to nominating an EACE member from your office.
5) When will nominations open?
Award nominations will open early winter each year.
6) Will all nominees be notified that they were nominated?
The committee contacts only those who are selected to receive an award. Winners can expect to be notified in late March.
7) How are the award recipients recognized?
Each recipient will be presented with a beautifully engraved plaque from EACE. A formal presentation will be made at the EACE annual conference, during one of the luncheons with all conference participants present.
8) Do the award winners need to attend the annual conference?
Although it is encouraged that recipients are present at the annual conference, this is not a requirement for receiving an award.
9) Who should I contact if I have questions about the nomination process?
Please feel free to contact the Co-Chairs of the EACE Awards and Research Grants Committee.