We Develop professionals...We Connect members...We Maximize your personal and organizational brand...We are the career development and employment industry experts!
EACE is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events (or programs) that meet NBCC requirements. Sessions (or programs) for which NBCC-approved clock hours will be awarded are identified in the program bulletin (or in the catalogue or website). The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
The Eastern Association of Colleges and Employers (EACE) develops educational programs and services, and facilitates connections and interaction between employers who seek to hire college students & alumni, the career services personnel who serve those students, and the associate members who serve the profession.
Members, click here to view EACE Bylaws last amended April 2016.
2017 bylaws amendments - 30 day notice to membership. Member, please click here to view the proposed amendments. Changes will be available for voting in March 2017.
- Conduct annual membership surveys and focus groups to ascertain and respond to membership interests and needs.
- Deliver programming that addresses the needs of our various constituencies and distinguishes our regional association from other regionals and the national association.
- Leverage alliances and partnerships to expand and enhance professional development offerings to membership.
- Provide programming opportunities that leverages technology to broaden membership access geographically and budgetarily.
- Become known as the premier regional association in leadership development of human resource and career development professionals.
- Provide online career and human resource resources as well as web-casts of programming
- Offer continuing education and certification programs solely as well as in tandem with other organizations.
- Be known as the top regional resource/authority for information (trends, data, articles, etc.) on the field.
- Take advantage of the resources we have available currently and seek out additional resources, as necessary.
- Provide members and public, in some cases, information to increase awareness of organization.
- Be strategic about the information being shared in order to differentiate ourselves from others.
- Ensure we are providing the most accurate/detailed data by putting specific measures in place.
- Set metrics for success initially and measure program on a regular basis against those metrics.
- Identify synergies with other organizations that will benefit members.
- Develop a plan for collaboration with other organizations that supports and advances the mission and strategic plan of EACE.
- Provide greater opportunities internally partnerships amongst different membership categories.
- Be strategic about the our partners to be sure there is a true benefit.
- Plan strategic regional network opportunities.
- Provide strategic network opportunities for under represented regions.
- Capitalize on existing events to increase network opportunities.
- Strive to embrace new members by providing immediate (mentor) network opportunities.
- Reconnect and revive network with disenfranchised members.
- Use technology as a means of providing connections for members.
- Continue to include new and seasoned members in leadership opportunities within the organization.
- Focus on developing, recognizing and training of potential leaders.
- Be inclusive of membership in leadership positions.
- Provide resources for members to communicate ideas and best practices of the profession.
- Explore means to leverage technology for basic support functions.
- Strive to create a more functional and appealing website.
- Establish metrics to measure the ongoing functionality and usability of the website.
- Provide tangible benefits and valued services by membership category to retain current members and recruit new ones.
- Make retention and recruitment ongoing initiatives.
- Focus on the recruitment of new members who are diverse by occupation and background.
- Encourage members to become actively engaged by acknowledging their participation.
- Encourage members to take leadership roles to develop leadership talent consistent with the goals that fall under the leadership strategic value.
- Focus on membership diversity
Increase and diversify employer membership.
- Provide searchable membership database.
- Encourage members to share their knowledge with other members by developing an expertise directory.
- Ensure operational effectiveness through sound financial leadership.
- Develop standards of fiscal prudence that will guide organizational activities and programs that seek to reduce cost, enhance revenue, and improve operational effectiveness.
- Seek strategies that improve and add to the organization’s long and short term investment strategy with a focus on increasing the ROI on investments.
- Produce a balanced budget annually.
- Look for ways to enhance revenues to fund strategic initiatives.
- To leverage our interaction with [Association Headquarters] to continuously improve daily operations and customer service benefiting all members.