Share your experience and mentor a new EACE member!
Each year, EACE awards the Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship to two deserving individuals from underrepresented groups. In addition to the complimentary EACE membership and registration, travel expenses and lodging for the annual conference, a mentoring component has been added.
The EACE Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Committee is seeking volunteers like YOU to help guide a first-time conference attendee through the event and help cultivate and grow their involvement with EACE.
Your Commitment as a Mentor:
As a veteran EACE member (“mentor”), you will serve as a resource and support system for the mentee throughout their first year of membership with EACE. As part of this commitment, the following would be expected of the Mentor/Mentee relationship:
- Before Annual Conference: You will have a phone or in-person conversation with your mentee prior to the annual conference.
- At the Annual Conference: You will serve as an on-site resource for the mentee throughout the annual conference. You will attend the Newcomer’s Lunch together and will be given a gift card to Starbucks or a local bakery in order to take your mentee out for coffee and/or dessert. Additional possible activities include:
- Have dinner together during the first night of the conference.
- Attend entertainment night together.
- After Annual Conference: You and your mentee will continue to connect throughout the following year, by phone or in-person, at least once per quarter, to not only encourage their continued involvement with EACE, but also to support their individual professional development.
In order to be eligible to apply, you should meet the following criteria:
- Must be an EACE member in good-standing.
- Must have experience of participating on at least one committee.
- Must register to attend the upcoming EACE Annual Conference and must have attended the annual conference at least once prior.
- Should have at least three years of experience within your field (career service or human resources).
Mentor Application & Selection:
Please complete the interest form form below to apply as a mentor. Applications are open from January 1 to March 31. Mentors will be contacted in April if they were selected and to provide the first introduction to their mentee.
Mentees will be matched with a mentor based on the mentor’s application materials as well as the mentees’ responses to a brief survey. The survey would elicit any goals the recipient has pertaining to the mentoring experience and it would also ask what qualities they look for in a mentor. At the end of the year, a survey will be sent to mentors and mentees to determine strengths of the mentoring program as well as areas of opportunity to improve its effectiveness.
Please consider applying to be a mentor today to help share your experience with a new EACE member and “pay it forward”. If you have any questions, contact the EACE Diversity & Inclusion Committee co-chairs. Contact information can be found on the EACE website by clicking here.