The EACE Programming Committee is now accepting proposals to present at the 2017 Annual Conference. We are looking for proposals to cover a wide variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- Assessment & Strategic Planning (best practices, new approaches to program assessment, learning outcomes, graduate outcomes)
- Career Community Models
- Career Coaching & Counseling (colleges: counseling students and their parents, employers: recruiting students and their parents)
- Diversity & Global Issues
- Marketing & Technology
- Employer Relations & Recruiting (best practices for HR recruiters)
- University Partnerships (faculty/academic & alumni affairs/development partnerships with career centers)
Tips for Submitting Your Proposal
- GIVE IT TIME - A good proposal takes time to create! Set aside a few hours to review past proposals, draft out your presentation outline, and craft your title and session description.
- TAILOR YOUR SESSION - Increase your chances of being selected by aligning with one of our topics above and think about a format that involves the audience and stimulates discussions (instead of straight lecture).
- MAKE IT CATCHY - The title and description you create now will be listed in the app and booklet, so consider the audience, topic area and relevance to your presentation. Use action verbs and results-oriented words. Your title must be both attention-grabbing and give a good description of your session.
- GET CREDIT - Sessions that are NBCC or HRCI accredited have an increased likelihood of being selected for the conference, and tend to have higher attendance. Review the guidelines for HRCI (Human Resources Certification Institute) and NBCC (National Board for Certified Counselors).
- SHARE TAKEAWAYS - Think about the learning outcomes. What information will
attendees learn? What new insights will you cultivate? What best practices or how-to’s will you share? Answer the following: “By attending this session, attendees will gain…”
CLICK HERE to download the EACE Call For Proposals Tip Sheet and view sample proposals.
- Back by popular demand, EACE is offering ONE FREE conference registration per accepted break-out session. The free conference registration will be given to the lead presenter listed on this form and is non-transferable. This offer is not applicable to speed learning presenters. You MUST register by the early bird deadline (March 31, 2017) to take advantage of the complimentary registration.
- Presentations are expected to stick closely to what is proposed on this form.
- Presenters will not be compensated.
- EACE provides presenters of break-out sessions with a projector and screen, but you should bring your own laptop and adaptor.
Who can submit a proposal?
Anyone who has a relevant topic to share! We’ve had submissions from graduate assistants, faculty, career counselors, VPs, directors, recruiters and more.
Where is the Annual Conference?
Jun. 21-23, 2017
Sheraton at the Falls
300 Third St.
Niagara Falls, NY 14303
How long should my presentation be?
Break-out sessions are 60 minutes, speed-learning sessions are 20 minutes.
When are proposals due?
The deadline for submitting a proposal is Nov. 1, 2016.
When will I know if my proposal was accepted?
You will be notified by February 2017 on the status of your proposal and if it was accepted as a break-out session or will be offered as a speed-learning session.
Who should I contact with additional questions?
2017 EACE Annual Conference Programming Co-Chairs:
Katie Scheuer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ali Woodworth - email@example.com