University Relations Specialist
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a university relations specialist to create awareness at our target colleges and universities, brand Vanguard as employer of choice, and identify talent for current and future Vanguard job openings.
Your primary duties and responsibilities:
- Acts as a Vanguard Representative for schools and students. Works and partners with Career Services and other key university contacts to sell Vanguard and understand how top talent can be engaged.
- Works with University Relations Lead in the final planning of on-campus activities. Documents opportunities for Vanguard awareness (sponsorship opportunities, speaking engagements, advertising campaigns, partner with faculty and staff, etc.)
- Develops relationships with campus contacts, professors, etc. to seek: better understanding of the available talent on campus.
- Assist recruiters with internal attraction efforts (tours, visit days, overviews, etc.)
- Works with University Relations Lead to understand the budget allocation for assigned schools.
- Identifies specific student organizations (academic, diversity, honorary, etc.) and actively participates with these organizations by: identifying mutual needs, attending local chapter meetings, seeking opportunities for identifying top talent within the organizations, referring qualified candidates back to the appropriate recruiters and selling Vanguard as Employer of Choice.
- Effectively utilizes internal crew resources that have been recommended and approved to support on campus activities.
- Attends campus career fair and network activities.
- Conducts On-Campus interviews and recommends talent to appropriate recruiters for additional consideration.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum two years general experience and one year industry/technology. Experience in a high volume/fast paced client related environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities is preferred.
- Excellent project implementation, leadership and client relationship building skills.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients.
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills.
- Prior interviewing experience preferred.
- Recruitment or college relations experience preferred but not required.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Contract position available in Charlotte, NC.
Please email resume to Kurt Styers, email@example.com.
- Industry Specialist, Graduate & Professional Studies, Stevenson, MD
- Assistant Director of Career Services, Norfolk, VA
- Assistant Director, Marketing Careers, Williamsburg, VA
- Relationship Manager, Employer Development, New Haven, CT
- Career Counselor, Orono, ME
- Assistant Director of the Career Center, Albany, NY
This Year's Sponsors
Last Year's Sponsors